Automobiles are parked at home, right? Not always. There are a lot of reasons to use a storage unit to store your automobile. If you are moving, going on a trip, or for some other reason, auto storage may be right for you.
At Waukesha Storage, we offer a lot of indoor auto storage options. All of our units are spacious and secure. Only the people who are supposed to be at Waukesha Storage are here.
Why Purchase Auto Storage?
Obviously, security is a big reason to store your car with Waukesha Storage. But, our auto storage options offer other benefits as well.
- Convenience. It doesn’t matter the size of your vehicle; we have a storage space that will fit. We even offer indoor and outdoor boat and RV storage options.
- Climate-controlled units. You can choose to purchase an indoor climate-controlled unit. This process keeps the humidity down, which ensures a properly stored car.
- Privacy. Only you will have access to your unit. Our employees will not even have access.
- Accessibility. Almost all of our units are drive-up accessible. Storing your vehicle has never been easier.
Auto Storage Options
We offer a variety of indoor storage options for vehicles. Some units also have optional outside access available for an added cost.
- 10×20 Unit: 10×20 is the size of most one-car garages. It will comfortably hold a small passenger vehicle like a Honda Accord or Kia Optima and a few odds and ends.
- 10×25 Unit: These units are the size of a long one car garage. You will be able to fit longer cars like a Ford Expedition or Mercedes Wagon. These units can also work for a smaller vehicle and many more boxes or appliances.
- 10×30 Unit: You can still only fit one vehicle in these units, but they do allow you to also include a lot more stuff. 10×30 units can comfortably fit the contents of a mid-sized home and garage.
- 12×40 Unit: People looking to store multiple vehicles need a 12×40 unit. These units are the size of a 2.5 car garage. They have access to both ends.
Auto Storage FAQs
- Can your store vehicles with other items?
Yes. At Waukesha Storage, you are welcome to store your vehicle with other items from your home. Whether you are going out of town, moving, or just need to store some extra items, you can do it all in one of our units.
- How much does auto storage in Waukesha cost?
An inside storage for a vehicle is usually a 10×20 sized unit, the rent is $152 per month.
- Can I park a car in a self storage unit?
You can park a car in a self storage unit, generally a 10×20 sized unit will work for car storage. We ask that you put plastic or cardboard down in case there are any oil leaks.
- How big of a storage unit do I need for a car?
A car generally goes into a 10×20 sized unit, which is equivalent to a one car garage.
- Do I need insurance for a car in storage?
Please know that we do not insure any items that you store. It would be advisable to speak with your insurance agent in regards to this.
- How often should I start a car in storage?
Cars vary as far as storage goes, you may want to check with your mechanic as to how to store your particular vehicle.
Our Self-Storage Units page provides a guideline for how much each of our units will hold. We have also provided some examples of car makes and models for our smallest two units, to help you determine your size requirements.