Self storage is a hugely growing business all over the United States. As people have more things they need to store, self storage companies have exploded in popularity. As of 2018, the self storage industry was worth $38 billion total. That is a huge jump from the industry’s beginnings in the 1960s.
People typically seek out self storage facilities when dealing with death, divorce, downsizing, and dislocation. These “4Ds” are, of course, not the only reasons a person would want to use self storage, but they are the most popular. If you live in the Waukesha, WI, area, then you need to use Waukesha Storage for all your self storage needs.
Why Self Storage at Waukesha Storage?
Why store your belongings with Waukesha Storage? There are a lot of reasons.
- Security. Our facilities are the most secure you will find. They are completely enclosed by a fence. Entrance is only granted through the use of a keypad. Additionally, only you have access to your unit. Our employees are not even able to access it.
- Convenience. Many of our storage units have drive-up access. You can easily pull up to the door and unload your belongings. For your convenience, we also have facilities in Brookfield, Pewaukee, and Madison.
- Lots of options. No matter what type of storage you require, we have you covered. We offer a variety of unit sizes—these are described in more detail below. You can also choose to use our warehouse or outdoor storage. Whether you have a couple of boxes or a large boat to store, we have space for you.
Self Storage Options
When you use self storage at Waukesha Storage, you have a lot of options to choose from. These options are described in detail below.
- Warehouse: Our warehouse is ideal for storing large items like boats or RVs. The warehouse has 20×20 doors, so even extra-large items can fit easily.
- 5×10 Unit: The size of a small walk-in closet, our 5×10 units will hold small furniture, a bicycle, or a few boxes.
- 10×10 Unit: If you need to store items from a one-bedroom apartment, then our 10×10 unit is ideal for you.
- 10×15 Unit: The 10×15 units are large enough to store the contents of a two-bedroom apartment.
- 10×20 Unit: Those who need to store a car or the contents of a small home, need a 10×20 unit.
- 10×25 Unit: 10×25 units are slightly longer than the 10×20 units, which provides more space for boxes and appliances in addition to a small vehicle. These units are also ideal for long vehicles like a Ford Expedition or a station wagon.
- 10×30 Unit: Our 10×30 units are the size of a 1.5 car garage. They fit unusually-shaped and large items (snowblowers, lawnmowers, etc.) easily.
- 12x 40 Unit: These are our largest indoor units. They have a door at both ends to provide easy access to all of your stuff. The 12×40 units are the size of a 2.5 car garage.
- Outdoor Storage: For RVs and boats we offer a variety of outdoor storage spaces. You can find more details about these spaces here.
In addition to the different storage sizes, you can also choose a climate-controlled or non-climate controlled unit. Some of our medium-sized units also provide the option of climate-controlled outside access for an additional fee.
Self Storage FAQs
- How much does Self storage in Waukesha cost?
We have a variety of sizes of self storage in Waukesha. Our smaller size being a 5×10, similar to a small walk in closet, rents for $72 per month. A larger size, a 10×20 equivalent to a single car garage, rents for $152 per month.
- What are the benefits of self storage?
Aside from knowing that your items are safe in our storage facility, be aware that it costs much less per square foot than adding on office space or building an additional garage. Self storage can keep your items safe while you are building, moving, using for your business, your contracting needs, moving parents, college children…. You can keep your summer or winter toys in a storage unit, you can keep lawnmowers or snowblowers……the list is endless.
- What security measures do you have for your self-storage?
We are a secure self storage facility, surrounded by fencing and security gates as well as 24/7 video surveillance. We have a manager on site during business hours. Each tenant gets their own access code to enter & leave the facility, along with individual door alarms.
- What hours can I access my belongings in your self-storage unit?
Customers have 24 hour 7 days a week access, even on holidays. We are in the office during normal business hours & can be contacted at any time.