Climate Controlled Storage
Generally, in the State of Wisconsin, we do not experience the extremely high temperatures and high humidity that southern states do. For that reason, traditional, not climate controlled storage, is satisfactory for the vast majority of customer’s storage needs. But there are some items that could possibly be affected by even moderate temperatures and humidity conditions. The most common example is art. The second most common item is paper based products like books and photographs. Third, would be wood instrument, for example a violin. These items can absorb moisture out of the air during times of high humidity but do not release that moisture when humidity returns to normal.
We here at Waukesha Storage offer a wide variety of climate controlled storage units. If you are in the market for the best climate controlled storage around, then you need to consider Waukesha Storage.
Why Climate Controlled at Waukesha Storage?
We take keeping your items safe and in good condition seriously. Our climate controlled units are the best way to protect your possessions against moisture or temperature damage. There are other reasons to choose climate controlled units from Waukesha Storage as well.
- Security: All of our facilities are completely fenced. Electronic access is granted by a keypad. This ensures that only those supposed to be in the facility are there. Plus, only you have access to your storage unit. There is also 24/7 video surveillance.
- Convenience: Many of our units allows drive-up access. This access makes it easy to store and retrieve items from your unit. We also have four locations—Waukesha, Brookfield, Pewaukee, and Madison, WI—for your convenience.
- Customer Service: We pride ourselves on our stellar customer service. We are open twenty-four hours, seven days a week. Our friendly customer service professionals are happy to help you with any problem.
Climate Controlled Options
At Waukesha Storage, we offer a variety of climate controlled storage units. All of our climate controlled units are indoors. These sizes can be chosen as climate controlled or non-climate controlled. We give you the option so that you can choose the unit that is right for you. Keep in mind that our climate controlled units are more expensive than the non-climate controlled units of the same size.
Units with climate control options include
- 5×10: These are our smallest units; they are about the size of a small walk-in closet.
- 10×10: The next size up, a 10×10 unit will have about 100 square feet of storage space.
- 10×15: You get about 150 square feet of space with a 10×15 unit. We also offer climate controlled outside access for this size unit.
- 10×20: 10×20 units are the size of a one-car garage. You can fit the contents of a three-bedroom home into these spaces. We also offer climate controlled outside access for this size unit.
- 10×25: 10×25 units are slightly longer than our popular 10×20 option. They will fit a bit more, including storage racks and multiple appliances. You can purchase climate controlled outside access for these units as well.
- 10×30: Our largest climate controlled units are 10×30. They fit the contents of a mid-sized home and garage, including oddly shaped items like lawnmowers and snowblowers.
Climate Controlled FAQs
- How much does climate controlled storage in Waukesha cost?
There are a variety of sizes of climate controlled storage units, please check our website or contact us for details.
- What is climate controlled storage?
Climate controlled storage is heated and air conditioned versus a normal garage type of unit. Climate controlled units work well with sensitive documents, instruments, and antiques.
- How secure is your climate controlled storage space?
We are a secure self storage facility, surrounded by fencing and security gates as well as 24/7 video surveillance. We have a manager on site during business hours.
- How do your contracts work for climate controlled storage units?
Our Rental Agreements are on a month to month basis. We have a minimum of one month and ask that you give us two weeks notice for vacating.
- What types of belongings need climate controlled storage?
Climate controlled units work well with sensitive documents, instruments, and antiques.